Judges and Officials
Master of Ceremonies
Chairman of Judges
"The Small Print"
COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZE MONEY
RULES FOR TOP TEACHER and TOP SCHOOL
The following rules will be used for the calculation of both Top Teacher and Top School:
For a minimum of 50 entries, $5 per entry will be awarded
For a minimum of 200 entries, $10 per entry will be awarded
Only Pro-Am entries billed at FULL PRICE for ADULT SINGLE DANCES are counted for your total entries. Complimentary entries or Scholarship Entries do not count towards the total entries or Top Teacher Money,
Separately, a Trophy and a $1000 will be given to the Teacher who has the most points based on the following point system:
1st place – 3 pts. Uncontested - 1 pt.
2nd place – 2 pts. Under 18, - ½ pt.
3rd place – 1 pt. Proficiency - 1pt.
TOP SCHOOL PRIZE
Total monetary prize-money of $1000 (minimum of 350 entries needed to qualify) as well as a perpetual trophy will be offered.
Pro-Am Scholarships – All Divisions
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be awarded cash, and a voucher redeemable towards next year’s competition.
1st place $100, 2nd place $75 and 3rd place $50
RULES AND REGULATIONS
In order to minimize COVID related transmission, the following NDCA guidelines will be implemented:
- Separate tables for every studio group with hand sanitizer on all tables
- No more than 6 people to a table.
- Tables properly separated by a minimum of 6 feet
- Sanitization/Cleaning of ballroom between all sessions
- Hand sanitizing stations at all entrances
- NO On-Deck Area - Deck Captain should be center or side of floor or on stage controlling the number of couples on the floor
- NO WATER STATIONS - Organizers/Hotel shall provide bottled water
- Check-in limited to one studio at a time at the desk
- Separate awards center for all single dance awards
- Separate entrance and exit - if this is not possible use stanchions to separate entrance/exit
- Once daily temperature checks for all who enter the ballroom
- All attendees and spectators always wear masks while NOT ON THE FLOOR, or while eating or drinking.
- All Officials to always wear masks while not eating or drinking (EMCEE excluded)
Dancing a la Carte Dancesport Competition (DALC) is conducted under the rules and regulations governing competitions and championships recognized by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. (NDCA). The following rules shall also apply:
1. No entry will be accepted without payment in full. For studio entries, include only one payment with the entry forms. Payment must be made by one certified check, money order or studio check.
2. Cancellations must be in writing and made prior to May 1, of the year of the competition to receive a refund 30 days after the event. Cancellations made after May 1, of the year of the competition will NOT receive a refund. Canceled entries taken at the event cannot be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation. There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets.
3. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, performance or seating areas, can be accepted by the Organizers, DALC, the National Dance Council of America, Inc. (NDCA), or by the World Dance Council (WDC), and neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk.
4. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as competitors or as officials or as guests of the organizers, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. Rules and Regulations, and by participating in this event automatically become obliged to adhere to them. Additionally, the Organizers reserve the right to refuse admittance into the ballroom and/or entry in a competitive event.
5. Competitors from any country affiliated with the World Dance Council (WDC) may participate. Competitors from countries not affiliated with the WDC should contact the organizers for clarification.
6. Student/Student competitors are Pro/Am competitors who dance as a couple during the Pro/Am single dance sessions. Student/Student competitors are not required to register with NDCA.
7. In any Pro/Am division with entries of three couples or less, the Organizers reserve the right to combine the events or cancel the event. In case of a cancellation by the Organizers, competitors will be duly notified in advance of such cancellation.
8. In any Professional or Amateur division with entries of eight couples or less, the Organizers reserve the right to combine events or cancel the event. In case of a cancellation by the Organizers, competitors will be duly notified in advance of such cancellation.
9. Solo Exhibitions events are limited to three minutes in length. Music must be provided on CD.
10. No couple is exempt from competing in any round of a Championship event. Any couple that fails to appear at the scheduled time for the first round of any event will be disqualified from the event.
11. Should any point arise which is not covered in the Rules and Regulations Governing Competitions and Championships recognized by the NDCA or in these additional rules, it will be referred to the Dance Rules Committee and/or Organizers, whose decision will be final.
12. Entrants consent to the use and release of his or her name and likeness to be used in photographs, television filming, and recording of the event used in connection with television broadcast or promotion of the event in any manner and by any means, now or in the future.
13. Video taping of any event at the DALC is strictly prohibited except for the official video company as designated by the Organizers.
14. Competitors (Juniors, Youth, Adults) dancing in Syllabus events may only dance Bronze, Silver or Gold Syllabus from the approved Syllabi of member organizations of the NDCA as well as the official NDCA syllabus.
15. Entry into the U.S. Professional Rising Star Competition is limited to professionals who have never reached the final round of the Open British, UK, International or U.S. Open Championships. The result of one style does not affect the eligibility for any other Rising Star Competition. Rising Star competitors are also eligible to enter the Open Professional Championships at the EUSDC.
16. Professional dancers entering Professional and/or Pro/Am events must be registered with the NDCA. Overseas professional dancers must be registered with their country’s professional organization affiliated with World Dance Council (WDC). For further information regarding Professional registration with the NDCA, please contact:
Eleanor Wiblin • NDCA National Registrar
P.O. Box 22018 • Provo, UT 84602 • Phone (801) 422-4623
Fax (801) 422-3734 • Email: Eleanor_Wiblin@byu.edu
17. Age Divisions: Amateur Pre-Teen, & Junior
* Pre-Teen: Competitors who are 12 years old and younger. Pre-Teen competitors may dance up one age classification to the “Junior” category.
* Junior: Competitors who are 13, 14 or 15 years old. Junior competitors may dance up one age classification
to the “Youth” category.
* Youth: Competitors who are 16, 17 or 18 years old. Nineteen (19) year-olds may also dance in the Youth category until they have graduated from High School. Youth competitors may concurrently dance up one age classification to the Adult category.
18. Open Singles events are open to any Pre-Teen, Junior, or Youth amateur competitor who does not have a regular partner. The competitor is referred to as the Single Partner and only the Single Partner (not the couple) will be judged during the event. The Single Partner may only dance with another amateur competitor aged eighteen (18) years or younger.
19. Amateur Adult Age Divisions
Adult: Competitors who are 19 to 34 years of age
Senior I: Competitors who are 35 to 44 years of age
Senior II: Competitors who are 45 to 54 years of age
Senior III: Competitors who are 55 and up
20. Open Singles events are open to any amateur competitor who does not have a regular partner. The competitor is referred to as the Single Partner and only the Single Partner (not the couple) will be judged during the event. The Single Partner may only dance with another amateur competitor.
21. Pro-Am competitors can enter in their age level and any age level below that. For example Ladies C2, can also compete in Ladies C1 or Ladies B. Pro-Am competitors can compete in three consecutive dance categories. For instance: Associate Bronze, Full Bronze and Open Bronze level.
22. Rising Star Amateur Divisions. This category was formerly called “Pre-Champ” but due to an NDCA rule change, the word “championship” must not be used. Rising Star Amateur is the term currently used in Europe